LATEST – Chelsea complete the signing of Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid on a five-year deal (News, gossips, gists, rumours, transfer speculations & updates)

Chelsea have officially completed the £60m signing of striker Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid on a five-year-deal. The Spanish international will now join up with the Blues squad on their pre-season tour of Asia.

 

Southampton captain Virgil van Dijk is training alone and wants to leave the club, according to manager Mauricio Pellegrino. Pellegrino has ordered the centre-back to train separately from the rest of the first-team squad because he feels the player is “not 100%” mentally. Van Dijk, 26, has been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool this summer, although the Anfield club said they ended their interest last month.

The Saints remain adamant they will not sell the Netherlands international.

He is not involved with the team because psychologically he is not 100%,” Pellegrino said.

Speaking to BBC Radio Solent, the Argentine added: “When I was talking with him, the boy said that he is not available to play because he wants to leave.

I need to work with a player that works at 100% to defend Southampton.

This is the decision. I had to say: ‘OK, if you don’t want to be involved because you don’t feel OK, you have to train alone until this period of time.

 

 

Reports say Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has stepped in to help Nemanja Matic move to Old Trafford – Same way he did with Petr Cech (to Arsenal). It is understood that Abramovich has given the green light for Matic to join United in a £50m transfer. The midfielder is said to be “desperate” for a reunion with his former boss Jose Mourinho.

 

Liverpool have signed Hull’s Andrew Robertson in an initial £8m deal, with Kevin Stewart going the other way for what is thought to be a similar fee. Scotland left-back Robertson, 23, joins on what the Reds describe as a “long-term contract” for a fee which could rise to £10m. Meanwhile, midfielder Stewart, 23, signs a three-year deal with the Championship club.

 

RB Leipzig will find it hard to resist a third and final offer of £80m from Liverpool for midfielder Naby Keita, 22, reports Guinean journalist.

 

Chelsea are interested in Benjamin Mendy as an alternative to Juventus left-back Alex Sandro. However, Monaco want at least £50m and Man City are favourites to sign the France international. Similarly, both City and Chelsea want Real Madrid’s second-choice right back Danilo. It is thought 30m euros is the price and the Real Madrid defender wants regular first-team football before the World Cup next summer.

 

Crystal Palace have suffered a blow in their reported pursuit of Dutchman Jasper Cillessen, 28, with the goalkeeper insisting he is happy at Barcelona.

 

Arsenal will compete with Tottenham for Ross Barkley’s signature with the 23-year-old’s Everton career in doubt.

 

West Brom manager Tony Pulis has dismissed reports linking winger Nacer Chadli, 27, with a move to Swansea City, saying he does not want to lose players and that the Baggies are looking to bring players in.

 

Man United are plotting a move for 19-year-old Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches.

 

Man City have had a £44.5m bid for left-back Benjamin Mendy rejected by Monaco. The Ligue 1 side are demanding £54m for the 23-year-old. And City will complete the signing of 26-year-old right-back Danilo from Real Madrid on Friday.

 

Barcelona have bid £72m for Liverpool’s Brazil midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 25, but the Reds are expected to reject the offer. However, the Reds say the La Liga giants are wasting their time.

 

Man City have had a £44.5m bid for left-back Benjamin Mendy rejected by Monaco. The Ligue 1 side are demanding £54m for the 23-year-old.

 

Arsenal are increasingly confident midfielder Mesut Ozil, 28, will sign a new contract.

 

Man United have turned their attention to a £25m deal for PSG right-back Serge Aurier, 24, as they struggle to reach a deal with Monaco for Fabinho, 23. Meanwhile, PSG coach Unai Emery has confirmed the Ivory Coast international wants to leave this summer.

 

Tottenham have asked to be kept informed of Riyad Mahrez’s situation at Leicester City, but the Foxes will have to lower their £50m asking price for the 26-year-old forward for Spurs to make a move.

 

 

Attachment